2018 Exhibition Applications
MAMA invites artists, artist groups, collaborative practitioners, curators and makers of all kinds to apply for our 2018 program.
The opportunity to present painting, moving-image, photography, mixed media, sculpture, performance, sound, text-based work, ceramics, object-based and conceptual practices is provided as part of the great breadth of contemporary art that MAMA encourages, nurtures, desires and celebrates.
Artists from all backgrounds and levels of experience are encouraged to apply - senior artists, emerging, mid-career, self-taught, established and academic artists alike.
Through this open call for applications, MAMA seeks to:
- foster a community of artists, makers and creative practitioners within a professional museum environment
- encourage vibrant discussion, critical debate and exchange of ideas surrounding contemporary creative culture
- develop exhibitions alongside artists, ensuring that the highest levels of museum practice are encouraged for artists of all experience levels and professional stages
- encourage experimental and ambitious projects
- celebrate a diverse range of exhibition programming with our audience
- provide a platform for the development and presentation of artists and artist’s work from the Murray region
Applications will be considered for MAMA's Brindley Family Galleries, with the potential of staging exhibitions in alternate MAMA spaces at the discretion of the assessment panel and subject to prior scheduling commitments.
Applications will be considered by a panel consisting of MAMA Director, Bree Pickering, MAMA Curator, Michael Moran and independent cultural sector experts.
Successful applications will receive a nominal artist fee.
In addition, assistance on all matters of professional exhibition practice - including layout and design, lighting, media and communications - will be offered as needed by the Curatorial and Exhibitions team.
Applications close 31 August 2017, 5.00pm.