Calling all locally-based painters and drawers!
MAMA is seeking submissions of pet portraits to be included in our major Summer exhibition PETS.
The exhibition celebrates the colourful, weird, cute, sometimes troubling, but ultimately loving relationships between pets and the humans that care for them. PETS will take over the MAMA foyer with a huge salon hang of local artist’s work and continue upstairs in the Paul Ramsay Gallery to include works drawn from the museum’s extensive collection, newly commissioned work, and selected pieces from invited artists who have long championed the bond between humans and their animal companions.
PETS will occur between 29 November 2019 – 9 February 2020.
All types of pets are welcome!
Please note that this invitation is for paintings and drawings of pets only. Unfortunately, photography and other media will not be included. Paintings and drawing can be by artists of all ages!
Terms and Conditions:
- All works must be framed or mounted and ready to be professionally hung (either picture wire or d-rings attached). Please note that no hanging wires will be used.
- Works must be clearly labelled to include the artist’s name and artwork title.
- All artworks must be delivered to MAMA during the following dates and times:
- Tuesday 19 November 2019, 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Wednesday 20 November 2019, 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Saturday 23 November 2019, 10.30am – 3.00pm
- All works must include an animal/pet as subject matter.
- All work must be collected at the conclusion of the exhibition (Monday 10 - Friday 14 February 2020, between 10.00am – 4.00pm).
- MAMA reserves the right to photograph all works received for promotion of the exhibition.
- MAMA does not facilitate the sale of artworks; however, staff will be happy to forward any enquiries to the artist.
- MAMA reserves the right not to display any work should staff not be able to professionally display.