In 2014, Albury Regional Art Gallery closed in anticipation of the $10.5 million redevelopment to become a cutting-edge art museum. The development included renovations to the 1907 Town Hall and 1860 Burrows House (originally the Crowns Land Office).
The Museum footprint more than doubled from 832m² to 2036m² with extensions linking and extending both buildings into QEII Square. Further new features included flexible spaces currently used for exhibitions and events, a gift shop, café, workshops and hidden exhibit cupboards at child height and permanent collection storage.
The new building was designed by architect firm NBRS and Partners, built by Zauner Construction and funded by various donors including the local NSW government, MAMA Art Foundation and community donors.