From helping with directions to enjoying in-depth conversations about the exhibitions, our volunteers make a big difference to our visitors' cultural experience.
You'll be required to:
- Greet and assist visitors with directions and information as they move about the museum
- Ensure visitors take care around the artworks
- Converse with visitors about the exhibitions, including information about the artists and artworks
- Assist children and families with interactive activities
- Research background information about the exhibitions to share as a resource with other volunteers.
All volunteers begin in a Visitor Experience role, however from time to time we do seek specialist volunteers for particular projects such as presenting guided tours of the MAMA Collection. Let us know if you are interested in extending your experience or have particular skills that might be relevant when you apply.