Once you have completed the foundation Acrylic Painting course, our Studio Sessions will give you the opportunity to consolidate and extend your skills. Led by artist Alison Percy, students will be led through a set of more advanced skills as a group, as well as individualised support over the 8 weeks.
Continue your painting journey with gusto as you produce a number of new painting studies. Extend your colour mixing skills with three new colours added to your kit, and explore your individual expressive style of painting.
Alison will help you view the world with an artists eye, and teach you to capture the essence of what you see, and not get bogged down in details.
Areas that will be covered in the course include:
- Concept and idea development
- Extension of colour mixing using a limited palette
- Exploring colour harmony
- Colour temperature
- Experimenting with techniques, from fluid to glazing to textural
- Learning to really see
- Following your feeling while painting
During the course, Alison will bring a range of her artworks giving added insight.
- Selecting and preparing your painting surface
- Colour mixing using a limited palette
- Introduction to composition, colour and tone
- Finding your subject matter
- Capturing the essence of what you see
- Understanding your tools: types of brushes, paints and supports
During the course, Alison will bring a range of her materials, painting tools and supports for added insight. You will be inspired to experiment, take risks, and not overthink the process.